Monday, January 2, 2012

More great days in the desert

We've had a couple more great practice days out here in Arizona.  We played at Palm Valley, Athem, Mountain Shadows, and Gainey Ranch these last three days.  My game seems to be in great shape as I continue to shoot under par almost every round.  The biggest positive has to be the short game, as my chipping has been quite good thus far.  In my first two rounds, as I shot 67 and 69, I chipped in a total of 4 times.  A continuation from Q-School where I chipped solidly as well.  I holed out twice during that 65.  I suppose when you hit it not so great for 2 years, the short game is going to get a lot of practice, haha.  I've really been hitting it solid though and am really excited to play this week.  We met up with Doug Schwimmer, a friend of ours that lives out here and played at Mountain Shadows before grabbing lunch at a great little sandwich/grocery store called De Falcos.

We are sitting in our room now watching the Rose Bowl.  About to start the  4th quarter…wonder if they're playing Jump Around in the stadium?  38-35 right now, Badgers leading.  Good game thus far… oops nevermind, 42-38 now.  TD Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment