Sunday, May 23, 2010

Down in South Carolina

Milwaukee got off to a great start. I had an awesome chip in on my second hole at Ozaukee for eagle. Unfortunately my driver really let me down and making pars from that rough was pretty tough. I guess my US Open Championship will have to wait until next year. I was able to catch up with some friends and former teammates which was nice. I also stopped in and had my back re-aligned by Dr. Karl Licktieg. You can have whatever view you want on chiropractics, but I've never walked out of his office not feeling 20 times better. I even ran into Coach Buzz Williams on my way out the second time I was there. It was great to finally meet him, he's done an amazing job since getting to Marquette a couple years ago.

I then drove back to Pittsburgh for two days and checked out some swings with my pro at Treesdale, Joe Boros. The concensus, and Coach Grogan hinted at this when I saw him in Milwaukee, was that my lower body was extremely active. I'm trying to keep my right foot down longer now. It keeps my lower body more quiet, while keeping my hips from opening up too soon. I'm really hitting it well again and looking forward to this week's eGolf Tour event. Another 10-hour drive was had today from Pittsburgh to South Carolina. Weather was good and the drive was uneventful, which is always a good thing. I'll be playing a couple practice rounds on Monday and Tuesday, followed by the tournament's 1st round on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment