Thursday, May 27, 2010

2 under thru 36

I didn't get off to the best start in this eGolf event. I made 3 straight bogies to go 3 over thru my first 7 holes, but as always I fought back in the opening round and even had it under par briefly until a bogey at the last dropped me back to even for the first round. Which wasn't horrible, the greens however kind of were. They were recently punched and crusty due to my afternoon tee time. Today was looking better and more promising though. I eagled my 8th to go 2 under and had it to 3 under when a bogey-double bogey stretch dropped me back to Even for the tournament. I had 4 holes to play and finished with a birdie on 15 and then rolled in a must-have 20-footer at 18 for a 2 under total at 141. The cut looks like it will be either 2 or 3 under, and now it's a waiting game as the afternoon groups start to finish. I definitely played better than I have been and if it wasn't for a 3-putt from 4 feet on the 13th to a tricky pin location, I'd be in a much more comfortable position right now. The swing is really starting to feel good again and if I make the cut I might just put up a couple mid-60's rounds to get myself back in this tourny.

No comments:

Post a Comment