Sunday, October 17, 2010

Practice Rounds at Irish Creek

I've now spent two days at the Club at Irish Creek and I'm feeling great about the first round which begins on Tuesday. The course really sets up well for my game, plus I'm hitting it really well. I really feel like I've got the capability to take it deep in a couple rounds if the putter gets hot, which is rolling really well right now too. I feel I'm peaking at the right time and I'm excited for the challenge this week. Par is 71 out there, including 3 par-5s, all of which are on the longer side, requiring me, on average, to hit 5-iron, 2-iron, and 3-iron into respectively. Great advantage for me, because the rest of the field will have to hit woods in, or lay up. The course is in great shape, and even better, has bent grass greens that are going to be on the quick side... right up my alley. My parents got into town today, and Papa GVS will be looping for me this week. We have a good track record together. He knows my game, and knows when to say things, and when not to. Definitely going to be a fun week.

1 comment: