Sunday, January 31, 2010

Team Van-Gray earn first round victory


Today Ted Gray and I played our first round match of the Phoenix Fourball at FireRock CC, earning a 4 & 3 victory. Although I got off to a sluggish start, Ted was ready to go, birdieing 2 of the first 3 holes, putting us 2 up. A deuce by our competitors, on the par 3 6th, put the match back to 1 up... until I drained a 30-footer on 7 and Ted followed with his own birdie on 8. A pitching wedge to a foot on 10 gave me another birdie, and our team a 4 up lead. After some good drives on 11, we really managed to butcher the rest of the hole, making bogey and falling back to 3 up. But a pair of birdies on the 485 yd par-4 15th gained us the 4 & 3 win. You can follow online at the Phoenix Fourball website.

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the PA Am Mike. I dont know if you remember me, my name is Mat and watched you your final round at Saucon Valley. I too was from Wisconsin. I went to UW-M. Hope to hear back from you. Take care and good luck this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you Mat! I've got some pretty good memories from that week out there at Saucon Valley. Hope your staying warm or staying inside these days!

    ReplyDelete