Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year, New Changes

Hey everyone, Mike Van Sickle here. I'm going to be taking over updating the site from now on. A few things have happened since making it through First Stage. Unfortunately my putter went a little cold out at Callaway Gardens in Georgia for the Second Stage of Q-School and I came up a bit short. All in all it was a good experience and I'll be able to really fine tune the aspects of my game that still need perfected this year. I'll most likely be giving Monday qualifyings a run to start the year and play some mini-tour events on the side. Hopefully I can get my foot in the door early on the Nationwide or PGA, but if not, there are many other tours to choose from.

I signed with an agent, David Winkle, from Hambric Sports Management. He's an agent with players such as Justin Leonard, Bob Tway, Dustin Johnson, and other notables... but most importantly he's a truly stand-up guy, and everyone in golf who I've talked to has had nothing but great things to say about David. Since then I have also signed on with TaylorMade/Adidas and will be sporting their equipment and apparel at upcoming tournaments, however I'm still looking to get an MU logo placed on the bag too.

I reached Scottsdale, AZ today from my home in Pittsburgh... a fun 32-hour drive. I'm looking forward to some winter training to get the game in gear. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year!

Fly like an Eagle, Fight like a Warrior!

1 comment: