Monday, September 27, 2010

Sorry for the Delay

I've been having some trouble with this website as of late, getting alot of Service Unavailable alerts, but I seem to have gotten it fixed. I'm a little behind, but about two weeks ago I played in the Sts. John and Paul golf outing. That's the church I go to. We played out at Cranberry Highlands. The highlight of the day might have been when Father Mac, who I was playing with, poured in a 20-footer for birdie and out of sure excitement jumped as high as he could in celebration. It was legendary. We shot 57, but that was no good. It came in fourth or fifth, but we had a blast out there. I rode with Dr. Manley during the round, and we had a lot of fun talking about Pine-Richland, golf, and Neil Walker's success on the Pirates.

I was home for about a week after that and just finished up an eGolf event last week in Kannapolis, NC. I'm continuing to make progress with the swing. I shot a 64 out at Treesdale when I was home, and shot a pair of even-par 72's, which failed to make the cut. So I'm feeling better about the game, and it's coming around at the right time.

Again I hit the road and headed to the coast where I'm now gearing up for another eGolf event at St. James Plantation. The tournament starts Wednesday and we're playing a tough course. It's going to come down to driving the ball in play, which I didn't do well the last time I played here in March. But it's a new day and I'm definitely playing better. Q-School is around the corner, and I couldn't ask for it to come at a better time.

I'm stopping at Reynolds Plantation to check out my swing and some equipment at the TaylorMade Kingdom on October 8th. I haven't been there yet, and it should be a fun experience. They have my swing saved on their MAT system, from when I was at the Kingdom in Carlsbad, CA, and it's from before the US Am last year when I was really striking the ball well, so it will be good to compare my swing then to now and see if anything sticks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment