Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finally made one!

Yesterday was the Monday qualifier for the Chiquita Classic in Charlotte, a Web.com event, formerly the Nationwide tour.  It was a cool and blustery morning with swirling winds, which made it difficult to figure out where the wind was coming from.  But I was hitting it well and had some nice up and downs.  I birdied 3 & 7 on my front, but bogied the par 3 8th and turned at 1-under par.  That's when I really started to play solid golf. I birdied 10 & 13 to get to 3-under and then hit one bad drive on 14.  I found it but had to pitch it out to 155 yards.  Knowing par would really keep me in it, I took dead aim with a 9-iron and hit it 8-feet below the hole…pouring it in for par!  That was really the hole of the day right there.  I birdied 16 & 17 to close to get to 5-under, and since I was in the morning wave, spent the next 4 hours waiting to see if my 67 would hold up.  Not only did it hold up, but I finished T-2, one shot clear of a 6 for 3 playoff.

I'm really excited for this week, as I've been playing some good solid golf over the past month, even shooting a few course records.  I'm peaking at the right time of the year for sure.  I'm going to go get some breakfast now and then head over for a practice round at Longview CC where the tournament is being held.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment