Thursday, August 30, 2012

Short by 1 for Mylan…again

For the second straight year I missed playing in the Mylan classic by a single shot.  I fired a 68 at Green Oaks and finished T-8th of 156 players.  I'm hitting it great and just needed to score better on my final 6 holes.  A few better pitch shots coming down the stretch could have done the trick, or even a couple made putts.  I lipped out a 3-foot par putt on my 13th hole, had 30 yard pitches on my 14th and 15th holes, but made pars both times.  I had a 12 foot eagle putt spin out of the hole on my 16th and then drove it just over the back of the green on the 17th, but left my chip short and settled for par.  On 18, I had a 12 foot birdie putt, but put a crummy stroke on it and missed it left.  It's frustrating to be playing such good golf, and not get the opportunity to play in my hometown Web.com event, but I could have scored better.  The short game will continue to be the focus of the next month as I prepare for Q-school and a couple more Web.com qualifiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment