Tuesday, May 8, 2012

US Open Qualifier Today

Today is the US Open Local qualifier at Quicksilver GC, a course I have made an effort of becoming more familiar with this spring.  I've probably played 10 or 12 rounds out there already this year.  It's fairly wide open off the tee which is always good for a longer hitter like me, but the greens are where the course can get you.  You need to place your ball well and try to stay under the whole as much as possible.  The forecast today is looking like rain all morning, but possibly thunderstorms, which could mean a delay.  I tee off at 8:49 off the 1st tee.  My dad and I played out there yesterday and I fired a bogey free 65 and feel really good about things.  The goal is to play the course and execute like I did yesterday.  Today is a new day though, and I'm going to play as good as I can.  I've made it through Local qualifying twice already in past years, now I'm going to go make it number 3!  I might be able to tweet during any rain delays, so be sure to follow me  @MVS_Golf

Stay dry today!

No comments:

Post a Comment